Not to undermine the obvious awesomeness of Old Spice (the smell of which I love, even if it is by definition “cheap cologne”), but I’ve been looking for a new perfume lately and have found these library-related scents:
- Latherati‘s scents are inspired by classic books. See especially “Classic.”
- I Hate Perfume’s “In the Library”
- Demeter’s Russian Leather Cologne
- rosemarygrace’s “In the Library” scented oil
- Karl Lagerfeld’s Paper Passion
You could buy one of these to spritz around when you read your ebook, since it will never manage to smell like decay in quite the same way.